In 2012, we lost our son Silas to a disease called Leigh’s. Silas’ Hope Basket is a book gifting program that helps individuals going through loss and grief to receive a signed copy of Made for Hope: Discovering Unexpected Gifts in Brokenness. If a specific individual is gifted the book, they will also receive an original poem custom written for them and a gift message.
We’d love to send a gift to families and individuals going through loss by giving them a copy of Made for Hope and a poem that honors their loss. You can do this anonymously or with your name included. You can also donate a book in honor of a loved one who has passed away.
How Silas’ Hope Basket Works
- Buy a book through Silas’ Hope Basket: By clicking on this link you can gift this book for someone going through a hard time.
- When we receive your purchase email, we will email you to find out if you want to donate your book to a grief group or send it to someone specific. Please use a valid email address and look for our response email.
- You can choose to donate the book to a grief group, allow us to send it anonymously to someone in need, or choose to send it as a care package gift to someone specific that you choose.
- A follow-up email will allow you to name the recipient of the book and where you want it sent to. If sending to a specific person, you will need to provide a name and address.
- If you want to gift the book in honor of a loved one who has passed away, please provide the name of your loved one.
GIFT A BOOK TO SILAS’ HOPE BASKET
If you choose to donate a book to a group, books will be given to those in need, including, but not limited to:
- grief groups
- families with sick children
- families who have lost a child
- those who do not have the financial means to purchase a book
The cost of the book covers shipping.
If you choose a specific recipient, a handwritten note, a printed poem, and a signed book will be included. ❤️
GIFT A BOOK HERE